Carl A. S. Coan III
Carl A. S. Coan III is a Partner at Coan & Lyons specializing in housing and urban affairs, real estate, litigation, and wills and probate. He has attained the highest possible rating of “AV” from Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, indicating preeminent legal ability and the highest standard of ethics.
- J.D., Georgetown University School of Law, cum laude, 1981
- Memberships: Delta Theta Phi
- B.A., George Mason University, with high distinction, 1978
- Contributor: “The Elderly and the Handicapped – How Congress Addresses the Mixed Populations Issue,” Journal of Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, Winter 1994
- Kansas City v. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 861 F.2d 739 (D.C. Cir. 1988)
- Brighton Village Associates et al v. United States, 52 F.3rd 1056 (Fed. Cir. 1995)
- Trafalgar Capital Associates, Inc. v. Cuomo, 153 F.3d 21 (1st Cir. 1998).
- Brook Village North Associates v. Jackson, 2008 WL 64669 (D.N.H. 2008)
- Steinhorst Associates v. Preston, 572 F.Supp.2d 112 (D.D.C. 2008)
- Greenleaf Limited Partnership v. Illinois Housing Development Authority, 2010 WL 389412 (N.D.Ill.)